The Victorian Government is helping Victorian communities prepare for climate change by providing authoritative and up-to-date information.
The Government has commissioned CSIRO’s Climate Science Centre to develop high-resolution climate projections data for Victoria and guidance on their use.
The project will provide datasets, information and comprehensive guidance material to build the capacity of state and local government, business and the community to understand and apply climate change data and information. The information and data products will be publicly available by mid-2019.
Information available will include:
- New 5 km-resolution downscaled projection dataset for all of Victoria for intermediate and high emissions pathways.
- A range of climate projection datasets suitable for use in climate risk assessment and adaptation planning (“application-ready datasets”).
- Guidance material to assist users understand and make the best use of the new projections and underlying datasets. The guidance will include explanations of the projection data sources and advice on how to select relevant data sources for different uses.
- Communication products, including:
- A detailed technical report,
- Regional brochures,
- Training and outreach workshops.
The Scoping Report (PDF, 2.6 MB) identifies the climate projection needs of the Victorian community and outlines what can be expected from this project. It defines the priority datasets and guidance and information products to be developed as part of the project.
Project update - 1 June 2018
In June 2018, CSIRO gave a presentation on the background of the project and progress to date.
Page last updated: 22/10/18