Victoria's Climate Change Framework articulates the Government's long-term vision and approach to climate change in a single document. The framework sets out:
- Our shared vision for a net zero emissions, climate-resilient Victoria in 2050;
- How action on climate change aligns with the Government's focus on jobs, cost of living and health;
- The steps the Government is taking now to commence the transition;
- How the Climate Change Act 2017 will drive action to 2050;
- The challenges to be addressed as we move to a net zero emissions economy; and
- How Victoria is preparing for a changing climate.
The Victorian Government has also committed to reduce Victoria’s greenhouse gas emissions by 15-20 per cent below 2005 levels by 2020, and reduce emissions from government operations by 30 per cent below 2015 levels by 2020.
Page last updated: 29/04/21