The Virtual Centre for Climate Change Innovation (VCCCI) has been established to strengthen Victoria’s role as a climate change leader. The Virtual Centre will foster innovative approaches and collaboration between businesses, industry, researchers and government to help Victoria reduce greenhouse gas emissions and adapt to climate change.
The Virtual Centre program includes three key projects:
The Victorian Government is providing $3.8 million for emissions reduction and/or climate change projects in Victoria.
Media release: Local Solutions To Tackle Climate Change
The Climate Change Innovation Grants will support Victorian organisations to be local leaders in the development of innovative solutions to the challenges of climate change. The grants program is designed to:
- foster action, innovation and collaboration between businesses, industry, researchers and government to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and adapt to climate change.
- drive greater investment into high impact innovations that will enable our communities, environment and businesses to be prosperous in the face of climate change.
The program will be open to projects from across regional Victoria, Melbourne and surrounding areas.
Applications are encouraged from:
- Local businesses
- Research and industry focused organisations
- Tertiary or vocational institutions
- Community organisations
- Non-government organisations
- Local government in collaboration with other partners (i.e. community organisations, educational institutions or business)
Applications for the Climate Change Innovation Grants closed on Thursday, 30 November 2017.
Resources and Contacts
For more information please contact one of the Climate Change Innovation Grants Support Officers in your region:
|Barwon South West||
(03) 5561 9901
(03) 5561 9932
(03) 5152 0619
(03) 5172 2584
|Grampians||Tim Hudspith||(03) 5336 email@example.com|
|Hume||Chelsea Cherry||(03) 5723 firstname.lastname@example.org|
(03) 5430 4703
(03) 5430 4540
(03) 9450 8648
(03) 9210 9398
Climate Change Innovation Marketplace Events were held across Victoria in September and October 2017 to provide more information on the Climate Change Challenge Innovation Grants.
The Victorian Government is a core partner of Climate KIC Australia.
Climate KIC Australia is a Knowledge Innovation Community (KIC) which brings a successful European Union model to Australia to drive innovative solutions to climate change challenges through collaboration with research, business, entrepreneurs, investors and government across jurisdictions. Climate KIC Australia will create opportunities to build skills, investment, jobs and workforce capability in clean energy and climate resilience.
For more information visit https://climate-kic.org.au/