Under Victoria’s world-leading Climate Change Act 2017, councils can make voluntary pledges to demonstrate their significant contributions to reducing the state’s emissions. Pledges may include council actions and estimated emissions reductions.
Estimating council emissions
Guidance is provided for councils that wish to include emissions reductions in their pledge:
Guidance on estimating emissions reductions (PDF, 439.5 KB)
Guidance on estimating emissions reductions - accessible (DOCX, 220.1 KB)
The following resources will help councils to estimate their emissions reductions:
- Sustainability Victoria webinars and guides on Organisational Carbon Accounting for Local Government
- GHG Protocol Policy and Action Standard for estimating the effect of policies and actions
- The National Greenhouse Accounts Factors help companies and individuals estimate greenhouse gas emissions
- The GHG Protocol Corporate Accounting and Reporting Standard is guidance for companies and other organisations
- The GHG Protocol for Cities supports cities to measure their emissions and build more effective emissions reduction strategies.
Where to get further help
For further guidance and if you have any questions or suggestions please contact DELWP Climate Change Policy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page last updated: 02/10/20